Mass Save is an energy efficiency program designed to help residents, businesses, and institutions in Massachusetts save money and energy. It’s a collaborative effort between Massachusetts gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers. The program offers a variety of services and incentives such as energy assessments, rebates for energy-efficient appliances and home improvements, as well as educational resources aimed at reducing energy consumption.
Mass Save provides a variety of programs aimed at homeowners and renters. These might include:
- Home Energy Assessments: Comprehensive evaluations to determine how you can improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Rebates and Incentives: Financial incentives for purchasing energy-efficient appliances or making energy-saving home improvements, such as insulation, HVAC systems, or smart thermostats.
- Financing: Low or zero-interest loans for making energy-efficient upgrades.
- Educational Resources: Tools, tips, and information to help you understand your energy use and how to reduce it.
Mass Save also serves businesses, big and small, offering a range of incentives and programs tailored to commercial needs. This can include:
- Energy Audits: Detailed assessments of how a business can reduce its energy consumption and operating costs.
- Custom Incentives: Tailored financial incentives for implementing energy-saving technologies and practices.
- Training: Training sessions and educational material for staff on how to operate more efficiently.
- Project Financing: Some cases might also offer low or zero-interest financing for more extensive energy-saving projects.
The ultimate goals of Mass Save are to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, lower energy consumption, and save money for the consumers and businesses in Massachusetts. Given that utility companies are often involved, it is generally in their interest to help reduce demand on their networks, thus avoiding or delaying expensive infrastructure upgrades.
For the most current and comprehensive information, you may visit the official Mass Save website www.masssave.com. Since programs and incentives may change over time, it’s always a good idea to check the latest updates.